Brands and influencers want their content to be seen by as many of their followers as possible, however, with social media platform algorithms constantly evolving, they often find themselves facing a constant battle to reach their audience. Because of this, social media marketing is a pay-to-play strategy now. And one of the most effective ways to leverage paid social media advertising and beating the algorithm is by content boosting!
Algorithms are a way for social networks to prioritise organic and paid content they think a user will like, based on a range of factors, which can lead to a lot of influencer content being buried or hidden from your feeds.
Many brands have turned to boosting to supercharge their influencer marketing campaigns to reach more people outside their follower base and drive customers to their ecommerce sites.
So, let’s talk about what boosting a post is and how to make the most of your paid advertising in influencer marketing.
What is a boosted post?
Boosting social media content is a marketing tactic that can combat declining organic reach and exponentially increase the amount of people that see your content.
Boosting a post is available on:
The concept is simple: put paid media advertising budget behind the post(s) of an influencer to have posts show up as sponsored content on non-followers’ timelines in order to gain more exposure.
Based on interest and demographic targeting, you can extend your audience and reach people your content is relevant to, increasing your return on investment.
This way, you can ensure that the influencer content reaches a wider audience besides the influencers follower base.
The benefits of content boosting
Promoting social media posts is a cost-effective and simple way to introduce new people to your brand who haven’t yet discovered you organically. When used in tandem, organic social and paid social ads can be beneficial for anyone looking to:
- Maximise reach to build brand awareness and recognition to non-followers
- Increase brand loyalty in an authentic way through influencer-generated content
- Increases sales
- Create mutually beneficial relationships with influencers; by boosting their posts, you’re giving them tons of new exposure.
5 tips on making the most out of boosting influencer content
Here are five tips to help you make the most out of your influencer marketing campaigns strategically.
- Allow plenty of time to boost a post. Capturing the interests of your target audience may not be as easy as it used to be, but with the boost feature, you are increasing your chances of reaching new people which takes time.
When boosting a post, you will need to have a clear understanding of what you want to achieve from your boosted post and set, your target audience, budget and duration. Once this is set, your post will be sent off for review which can take up to 24 hours. If you are hoping to boost multiple influencer posts, this can be time consuming and therefore we suggest you are prepared.
- Boost content that have high engagement and high reach. You can use the organic influencer performance data to help you identify the most engaging content. Review each individual post and if a particular influencer post is doing well organically, it’s worth giving the post a boost.
- Boost content for an appropriate period of time. Influencer content is often seasonal or related to a particular event. To make sure you boost your posts while they are still relevant, we recommend activating them within one week of the organic post going live
- Collect useful data to study for your future marketing campaigns. For each post you boost, you can look at the metrics each platform will provide you such as traffic, engagement, and demographics reached. Using this information will help you make informed decisions for future campaign strategies.
- Monitor and refine as you go. Content boosting on social media can inform larger future campaigns by determining which posts work well as ads and what your audience finds engaging.
Boosting posts on social media is a valuable tool and can help you achieve a number of objectives for your business. It’s important to identify your target audience and time the boosted post correctly in order to generate the best results.
If you need help tracking your influencers and getting started with content boosting, email firstname.lastname@example.org or click get started to book a demo!